Life After Retirement? Pride Comes Before The Fall
Part 1 (11 December, noon)
In my November blog I was boasting how uber-healthy I was. Well...
This morning, a combination of black ice and an energetic puppy resulted in my comeuppance – otherwise known as 'the fall'.
Having arrived at A&E by ambulance and been X-rayed, the 'snap' below shows me waiting to hear what the damage is to my hip and wrist. To be sure, you never know what fate has in store for you.
I know you'll all be worried about Willow. She behaved heroically – sitting beautifully by my side when I was floored. She's now with a local Guide Dog puppy walker, so don't worry.
It seems all my birthday and Christmas plans will probably have to be revised. To quote Robbie Burns: The best laid schemes o' Mice an' Men, Gang aft agley, An' lea'e us nought but grief an' pain, For promis'd joy!
Part 2 (12 December, noon)
Hip and wrist both broken, and needed surgery. I'm now complete with titanium plates and screws and assorted other bits of hardware in both. And predicting trouble with airport security. Not that I'll be flying any time soon.
Yesterday's 'probably' has become today's definitely. And swimming, cycling or any other fitness-maintaining activity will not be high on the agenda for some while it seems. So much for November's 'double smug'.
I suspect my next blog might include mention of hospital food.
Recent posts in Articles and Life After Retirement
- Maplehurst Guest House – Arts and Crafts home in the Scottish Borders town of Galashiels
- Madeira – a trip to heaven via hell!
- A trip to Bath and the West Country
- Vegan Home Delivery Service
- Vegetarian & vegan travel resources
- Quorn vegan range now available in Waitrose
- Burgers (veggie) in Bruges
- P&O Ferries – Poor and Out of Touch?
- Woodchester Valley Village – mutually owned for the over 60s
- Lovely Loch Arthur