Vegan/vegetarian trustee with care management experience wanted
Vegetarian for Life is looking for a vegan or vegetarian to join our board of trustees who meet four times a year in Greater Manchester.
Experience as a care manager would be welcomed. This is a voluntary role – with expenses paid. Please visit Charity Jobs for more information about this role and to apply online. Closing date: 5 October 2017.
About the Charity
Vegetarian for Life is the leading authority on diet and healthy living advice for older vegans and vegetarians.
Since there are currently only two fully vegetarian care homes in the UK, one of VfL’s major goals is to improve the standard of vegan and vegetarian catering in existing homes. We seek to do this through our UK List, which is a geographical listing of organisations and care homes that make a special effort to cater for vegetarians and vegans.
We are striving towards a vision where at least 1 in every 6 UK care homes are members of our UK List – and 1 in every 100 will be VfL accredited.
Meeting the needs of a diverse range of older people is important to us, too. You’ll help VfL become the first port of call for information, support and advice for older vegans, vegetarians, their families, friends and a broad range of care caterers.
Recent posts in Community Notices and VfL News and Events
- A taste of The Good Life at Salford’s Dementia Hub
- Food for recovery provides food for thought
- Marketing & Stewardship Executive Wanted, Manchester
- Silver Service from SilverCrest Care
- Live-in carer/companion needed, Surrey
- Hulme locals experience joys of spring with vegan cookery demo
- Easter treats from VfL
- Cooking up a storm at VegfestUK Brighton
- A vegan Valentine’s at Newlands Care Home
- Events in 2017