Share the Care! National Vegetarian Week, 18 to 24 May 2015
Share the Care! Sharing is the theme of this year’s National Vegetarian Week and we're encouraging all residential care homes across the UK to take part. Letting all residents share the delicious meals prepared for vegetarian and vegan residents brings with it many benefits – from offering different tastes, colours and aromas to being an excellent source of nutrients and fibre. More broadly, we all know that every now and then many meat eaters will choose to have a vegetarian meal. It might be that they are tempted by the recipe or that they want a change from their normal diet. It would be wonderful if those who are cared for by others were remembered and offered a similar choice. Don't forget that Vegetarian for Life has plenty of resources, from a detailed catering guide through to vegetarian and vegan menu planners. For additional support in catering for older vegetarians and vegans please contact VfL on 0161 4458064, by email, or by visiting www.vegetarianforlife.org.uk And of course, we'd love to hear what you're doing to celebrate National Vegetarian Week. Please let us know what you'll be doing to Share the Care!
Recent posts in Articles and VfL News and Events
- Where are the single, older vegans?
- Announcing three exciting new job vacancies
- Vegan residents in UK care homes have almost TREBLED during past 5 years, according to new research
- New guide launched to promote dietary inclusivity in care
- eBites Spring 2019
- Some residents like it spicy!
- Getting cheesy in Brighton
- Imperfection is beauty! The art of creative cooking
- Vegan taste testing at Midlands care home
- Meet the incredible 81-year-old vegan whose mission is to complete ONE MILLION press-ups