Stuffed Baked Avocado
- 1 medium/large avocado
- 1/4 small onion – chopped
- 1 oz/30g pine kernels
- 3/4 oz/20g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1oz/30g Red Leicester cheese – grated*
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Mix breadcrumbs and grated cheese in a bowl.
- Scoop flesh from avocados (leaving sufficient to line the skin).
- Cut flesh into small pieces and put to one side.
- Stir fry onion lightly in the oil, then add avocado and fry lightly.
- Add pine kernels and continue to fry for about 2 minutes, to toast the kernels.
- Season mixture, put into avocado shells, and top with breadcrumb and cheese mixture.
- Bake at 150°C/350°F/gas mark 4 for 30 minutes.
*Omit cheese or use vegan cheese for the vegan version.