Otherwise known as Guacomole, this rich and nutritious dip makes an excellent starter, dip or sandwich filling. Or try serving it with chunks of raw vegetables such as celery, cucumber, carrot, red pepper. Wholemeal pitta bread strips or rice cakes are also good.
- 1 medium, ripe avocado
- ½ tbsp tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- Black pepper
- Peel the avocado and mash them with the lemon juice until smooth.
- Add the tahini, olive oil and garlic and season with black pepper.
- Mix very well, transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle with paprika.