Borlotti Bean and Dill Pâté
The humble bean does not get the attention it deserves – in this quick recipe, it is the star!
- 400g/14oz tin borlotti beans, drained and rinsed
- ¼ small garlic clove (really small)
- 50g/1¾oz vegan cream cheese
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1g fresh dill (two little sprigs)
- Salt and pepper
- Blend all of the ingredients together and season well. Save a little of the herb for garnish.
- Serve on biscuits, bread, wraps, in a ramekin as part of a salad.
Chef’s tips: As with most food it’s all in the presentation. Blended beans don’t always look the most attractive thing. Use your skills as a chef to dress the pate. Slices of cucumber, baby tomatoes etc. will add a splash of colour. This recipe uses borlotti beans but just about any will work well. Always rinse and drain thoroughly, though.