Virtual Lunch Club, Tuesday 22 September
Join Chef Justina on Tuesday 22 September, via Zoom, for V for Life's next virtual lunch club. Cooking up some warming, comforting dishes ready for Autumn: tasty vegetable stew and flapjacks.
Check out the recipes below, buy your ingredients and cook the dishes on the day ready for the Zoom chat at 1pm. Talk cookery, recipes and more, and meet likeminded people from across the UK.
Easy No-Bake Peanut Butter Flapjacks: https://vegetarianforlife.org.uk/recipes/cakes-and-puddings/easy-no-bake-peanut-butter-flapjacks
Here's what you'll need to add to your shopping list or dig out of the cupboard:
1 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small onion – sliced
1 stick celery
1 small piece of swede
55g/2oz mushrooms – sliced
Few florets cauliflower
150ml/¼ pint vegetable stock
1 tbsp tomato puree
¼ tsp yeast extract
1 bay leaf
½ tsp mixed herbs
½ cup peanut butter
1–2 tbsp coconut oil
½ cup maple syrup
1½ cups oats
50g dark chocolate
Open to vegetarians, vegans and meat reducers aged 65 and over.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more, or to book your place and get the Zoom link and password. Or call the VfL office on 0161 257 0887.
If technology and Zoom in particular are new to you, visit https://www.abilitynet.org.uk/ call 0800 048 7642, or email email@example.com for help. If you're already tech savvy, all you'll need to do is open the Zoom link in your internet browser and join the meeting.
Make sure that your audio and video are switched on. We'll be happy to talk you through all of this on the day or in advance.
Recent posts in VfL News and Events
- Meet the UK care homes committed to veggie catering excellence: National Vegetarian Week, 10–16 May 2021
- Fun activities & training this National Vegetarian Week
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 27 April
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 23 March 2021
- Five ways to futureproof your veg*n diet from dementia
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 23 February 2021
- Events for 2021
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 26 January 2021
- Charity chef takes on epic challenge in the world of virtual running
- V for Life Cookery School brings a festive flavour to VegfestUK this Winter