A guide to catering for people with allergies, intolerances, and religious, philosophical and cultural dietary beliefs
This colourful 40-page guide is designed to make it easier to cater for any service users who require a ‘free-from’ or ‘special’ diet. It will introduce the various reasons people may need, or want, to exclude certain foods from their diet. At the back of the guide is a collection of recipes suitable for a variety of these dietary requirements.
Comprehensive coverage of:
- the major allergens
- religious, philosophical and cultural dietary requirements
- how veganism is protected by the law
- top 10 gluten-free products
- top 10 vegan products
- best practice in ethical dilemmas – including when a vegetarian service user asks for meat
- fortification agents for special diets
- gluten- and soya-free meat alternatives.
With allergen-labelling throughout.
A special V for Life ball-point pen with a handy double-sided pull-out. The pull-out details some essential information on what vegetarians and vegans choose not to eat, and the food groups that should be included in a weekly food plan.
Why have a boring keyring when you can have a convenient V for Life shopping coin for your frequent trips to the supermarket?
Keep hold of important documents, cards, money or work passes with our Vegetarian for Life printed lanyards. Includes a keyring to make it practical for frequent use.