National Older Vegetarians’ Day is coming
1 October is both World Vegetarian Day and International Day of Older Persons – what better day to celebrate and appreciate older vegetarians and vegans? We are calling on our supporters to organise an event in their local community to mark the occasion. Will you rise to the challenge?
The possibilities for celebration are limited only by your imagination. Some suggestions for events could be:
- Holding a stall in your town centre.
- Arranging (in advance) to take cakes to your local care home.
- Throwing a picnic or a party in the park.
- Inviting friends around for a celebratory meal.
- Contacting your local radio station or newspaper.
If one thing is for certain, it's that being vegetarian or vegan in the UK is getting easier every day. Walk down the high street of any big city and you'll find something tasty. We want to make sure that older veggies and vegans get to enjoy the increasing popularity of vegetarianism and veganism, too.
We would love to see you spreading the word across the country on 1 October.
Contact us for support and free literature.
Recent posts in VfL News and Events
- A taste of The Good Life at Salford’s Dementia Hub
- Vegan/vegetarian trustee with care management experience wanted
- Food for recovery provides food for thought
- Marketing & Stewardship Executive Wanted, Manchester
- Silver Service from SilverCrest Care
- Hulme locals experience joys of spring with vegan cookery demo
- Easter treats from VfL
- Cooking up a storm at VegfestUK Brighton
- A vegan Valentine’s at Newlands Care Home
- Events in 2017