- 350g/12oz self-raising flour
- 15ml/1 tbsp baking powder
- 175g/6oz caster sugar
- 135ml/9 tbsp sunflower oil
- 375ml/12fl oz water
- 150g/5oz vegetarian mincemeat
- 15ml/1 tbsp demerara sugar
- Pinch cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/375°F/gas mark 5. Line a 12 hole muffin tin with deep muffin cases.
- Sieve the flour and baking powder into a large mixing bowl. Add the sugar and mix well.
- Add the oil and water and whisk together quickly.
- Fold in the mincemeat and spoon into the muffin cases (about 2/3 full). Mix the demerara sugar and cinnamon together and sprinkle over the top of each. Put the muffin tins into the oven immediately.
- Bake until well risen and golden, about 15–20 minutes. Cool on a wire rack.