These give you that chocolatey sweet taste without playing havoc with your blood sugar.
- 4 tbsp agave syrup or brown rice syrup
- 4 tbsp natural almond or peanut butter
- 1½ tbsp unsweetened cocoa or carob powder
- 1 tbsp organic rapeseed or safflower oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 rice cakes, finely crushed OR 30g/1oz puffed or crisped brown rice cereal
- 1 tbsp dried fruit, chopped fine
- 1 tbsp brandy or whisky
- Place syrup, nut butter, cocoa or carob powder and oil in a medium saucepan.
- Warm over low heat until melted and well combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Add optional extras now if using.
- Using a sturdy wooden spoon, stir in crushed rice cakes or rice cereal until thoroughly incorporated. Let the mixture cool until it can be handled easily.
- Roll between your hands into marble-size balls or egg shapes.
- Place each ball as it is formed on a sheet of baking parchment or petit four case.
- Store in an airtight container in a cool place or fridge. Will keep for about 7–10 days in the fridge.