This is rich, but lovely for a treat. It’s good on its own, but also goes well with Christmas Pudding and mince pies!
For a vegan version, use a plain vegan cream cheese (such as Tofutti) instead of the cream.
- 300ml (½ pint) double cream
- 3 tablespoons caster sugar
- Finely-grated rind and juice of 4 clementines
- 2 tablespoons cointreau or other orange liqueur
- 1 clementine, cut into very thin slices, to decorate
- Put the cream, sugar, clementine rind and juice and liqueur into a bowl. Whisk gently until very thick and billowy.
- Divide between four small bowls and decorate with the clementine slices.