- 1 full broccoli cut into medium florets
- 400g frozen Brussels sprouts, halved
- 2 sweetheart cabbages, quarted
- 1 x 400g tin butter beans
- 2 onions, thinly sliced
- 25g non-dairy margarine
- 25g plain flour
- 700ml non-dairy milk (make sure it's unsweetened)
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp non-dairy cream cheese
- 100g non-dairy cheese
- 3 tbsp yeast flakes
- 2 slices wholemeal bread for breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 180°C/350°F/gas mark 4.
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Add broccoli, sprouts and cabbage then cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain and tip into a greased ovenproof dish along with the onion. (If using fresh Brussels sprouts these will need to be cooked for longer.)
- In a large saucepan on a low heat, melt the margarine. Add the flour until it forms a dough.
- Slowly add the milk and stir using a whisk. The sauce will thicken. After around 10 minutes add the rest of the sauce ingredients, apart from 1 tbsp yeast flakes. Whisk until smooth. Season to taste.
- Pour over the broccoli, sprouts, cabbage and beans. Top with breadcrumbs, remaining yeast flakes, thyme and oregano. Bake for 30 minutes.