- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 rounded tablespoon flour
- 1 rounded teaspoon marigold vegetable bouillion*
- 600ml (1 pint) hot water
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce, e.g. Kikkoman
- Salt and pepper
- Fry the onion in a medium-large saucepan for about 10 minutes, until soft and lightly browned.
- Add the flour and stir for a minute or two over the heat.
- Dissolve the bouillon powder in the hot water, then pour into the pan. Bring up to the boil then leave to simmer for about 5 minutes. Or if you want it thicker, let it simmer a bit longer.
- Add the soya sauce, salt and pepper to taste.