- 3 large overripe bananas
- 75ml vegetable oil
- 100g/3½oz brown sugar
- 225g/scant 8oz self-raising flour
- 1 heaped tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 50g/1¾oz dark chocolate drops (ensure that they’re dairy-free)
- Heat the oven to 180°C/360°F/gas mark 4.
- Mash the bananas well with a fork.
- Mix the oil and sugar together and then add the mashed bananas.
- Add the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, and mix well. Next add the chocolate drops.
- Bake in a greased, lined 2lb loaf tin for approximately 20 minutes. Check and cover with foil if the cake is browning. Bake for another 20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Allow to cool a little before serving.
CHEF’S TIP: Instead of chocolate drops you could add dried fruit or nuts.