- 60g/2 oz couscous
- 1 spring onion – chopped
- ¼ red pepper – chopped
- 1/2 small tin of sweet corn (or chickpeas or beans)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 85ml/0.1 pint water
- Chopped parsley, brown sugar, lemon juice and soy sauce
- Put couscous in a bowl, cover with boiling water, (double check the couscous packet instructions, to ensure you're using the correct amount of water).
- Add a couple of drops of soy sauce, cover and leave to stand until the water has been absorbed and the couscous is cool.
- Mix olive oil with a little brown sugar, lemon juice and seasoning to make vinaigrette, add to couscous together with other ingredients and mix well.
- You can vary this recipe by substituting bulgar wheat for the couscous and by using different combinations of the other ingredients e.g. chopped cucumber and mint instead of tomato and parsley.