Curried Courgette Fritters
Black sesame seeds have a lovely crunch and they’re rich in calcium, but it’s fine to leave them out or use white sesame seeds in this recipe.
- 1 medium onion, finely diced
- 3 small courgettes, coarsely grated
- 100g chickpea (Gram) flour or wholemeal flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tbsp black sesame seeds
- 1 tsp mild curry powder
- Vegetable oil or coconut oil, for frying
- Fry the onion in a little oil until soft and translucent. Mix all the ingredients together in a large bowl. The moisture from the courgettes should make everything the right consistency – add a splash of water if it seems too dry to hold together.
- Let the mixture sit for around 20 minutes in the fridge, then stir again. (If you are in a rush, this is not absolutely necessary, but if you do it you will end up with a more consistent mix that will stick together better.)
- Heat a little oil in a non-stick pan and fry small spoonsful of the mixture for around 4–5 minutes each side or until golden brown and cooked right through.
- Serve immediately with sweet chili sauce, salsa or chutney on the side.