Pesto and Vegan Mozzarella
- 1 ball vegan mozarella
- 2 cups basil leaves
- ½ cup pine nuts (or walnuts)
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tsp sea salt
- 4 roma tomatoes
- 1 cup basil leaves
- Ciabatta or focaccia roll, or bread of choice
- Prepare the vegan pesto first. Combine basil leaves, pine nuts, and garlic in the food processor and pulse until well incorporated.
- Add nutritional yeast, sea salt, and lemon juice and pulse until combined.
- Slowly add in olive oil a little at a time while the food processor is running to thin out the pesto.
- Once thoroughly combined, set pesto aside for later. You can place it in the refrigerator to thicken it a little more for easy spreading.
- Create sandwich by toasting the bread before spreading on the pesto and layering on top slices of the mozzarella, tomatoes and basil leaves.