Spicy Courgette and Pea Fritters
- 2 medium courgettes, grated
- 100g plain flour (gluten) (*or gram flour)
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 50g frozen peas, defrosted
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- Handful coriander, chopped
- 1 tsp chilli powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- Oil for cooking
- Grate the courgette, sprinkle with salt and leave for as long as you can. Place it in a colander in the sink, squeezing out any excess water.
- In a bowl mix together the flour and baking soda.
- Add the grated courgette, onion, peas, garlic, salt, chilli, coriander, chilli powder, garam masala and cumin seeds.
- Squeeze and mix everything together. If it’s a little dry add a touch of water.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a non-stick frying pan.
- Take a large spoonful and place in the hot pan. Gently press to flatten (it will be sticky) and shallow fry fritters. Reduce the heat if it gets too hot.
- Cook on the first side until golden then flip and cook the other side.
Reproduced with kind permission from Hari Ghotra https://www.harighotra.co.uk/