Puff Pastry Tartlets
These pastries are bound to impress and can be topped with a variety of fruits. If using a diﬀerent brand of pastry, always check the label to check that it is made to a vegan recipe.
- 1 x 500g/generous 1lb block vegan puﬀ pastry (e.g. Jus-Rol)
- 220g/7¾oz fruits of the forest, frozen
- 30g/1oz caster sugar Apricot glaze
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 100ml water
- A little icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180°C/360°F/gas mark 4.
- Carefully roll out the pastry until it is 1cm thick. Using a scone cutter, approximately 10cm in diameter, cut out the pastry. Place your cut pastry onto a lined baking sheet.
- Place a small amount of frozen fruit in the centre of each pastry circle, and sprinkle with a little sugar. Bake for 20 minutes, or until the edges have risen and are golden.
- Carefully place on a cooling rack. While the pastries are baking, place all of the glaze ingredients into a saucepan. Heat gently until the apricot jam has melted.
- Finally, brush the cooked pastries with the glaze and dust with a little icing sugar.
CHEF’S TIP: have made these with many other fruits. Both frozen and fresh have worked well.