- 300g ripe mixed tomatoes
- 100g stale bread
- Pinch garlic powder
- 1 small red onion
- 2 tbsp capers
- A bunch of fresh basil
- A good lug of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of red wine vinegar
- Good pinch of sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
1. Tear the stale bread into rough pieces and place on a tray. Leave aside in a warm place for around 30m to dry out or on a low heat in the oven.
2. Chop the tomatoes, red onion and red pepper into small pieces.
3. Place the tomatoes in a bowl with a good pinch of sea salt. Add the capers (after squeezing out any excess liquid), along with the onion, and bread.
4. Toss the mixture together then stir in 2 tbsp vinegar (and about 3 times as much olive oil an add the garlic powder).
5. Tear in the basil leaves, mix together and serve.