Noodle Stir Fry
- 1 portion of cooked noodles* (according to type of noodle chosen)
- 4 tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 cm/½ in piece of root ginger, chopped
- 2 spring onions, chopped
- 110g/4oz tofu, diced
- ½ pepper (red, yellow or green), chopped
- ½ carrot, cut into thin strips
- 55g/2oz mushrooms, chopped
- 110g/4oz bean sprouts
- Soy sauce
- Cook noodles according to instructions.
- Stir fry the onion, garlic and ginger in 2 tbsp oil in a wok for about 1 minute.
- Add the diced tofu and continue to stir fry for about another 2 minutes – keeping the tofu moving to avoid burning. Remove from wok.
- Stir fry the pepper, carrot, mushrooms and bean sprouts in the remaining oil for about 2 minutes.
- Return the tofu mix to the wok, together with the cooked noodles, mix together and stir fry for 1–2 minutes.
- Sprinkle with soy sauce to taste.
* Note: do not use egg noodles for this vegan version but can be used for vegetarian version.