Vegan Chickpea ‘Tuna’ Sarnies
- 400g tin chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 spring onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp capers, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp vegan mayonnaise (optional)
- handful of mixed salad leaves
- ½ red pepper, diced
- cherry tomatoes, chopped
- 8 slices of bread
1. Mash chickpeas in a bowl.
2. Add all the other ingredients apart from salad leaves and tomatoes.
3. Assemble sandwiches laying some salad leaves and tomato and sprinkling some red pepper on each one.
Also good with sliced cucumber.