- In a large saucepan, gently sauté the onions for 5 minutes then add the garlic, celery, mushrooms, paprika and Quorn. Continue to cook for another 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Add the stock and cornflour mix and bring to a simmer. If the sauce needs thickening, add a little more cornflour mixed into water.
- Finally add the soya cream and parsley and simmer for a few minutes more.
- Transfer the mixture to 1 large pie dish or 4 separate dishes.
- Roll out the pastry and top the pies, sealing the edges with a little water and pressing down with a fork. Mark the pies with a little small pastry V in order to identify it as vegan.
- Brush the top with a little soya milk and bake at 180°C/360°F/gas mark 4 for 25 minutes or until golden and risen. Serve with a selection of vegetables and vegan gravy.
CHEF’S TIP: This simple dish can be used in a variety of other ways: as a pancake filing, served with pasta, a topping for jacket potatoes, or as a base for many other dishes, including curry or lasagne filling.