Crustless Stuffing Quiche
- Oil for frying
- 400g tin chopped tomatoes, drained
- 75g stuffing mixture
- 100g vegan cheese
- 1 large white onion, finely chopped
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 120g gram (chickpea) flour
- 600ml vegetable stock, hot
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp basil
- Preheat oven to gas mark 5/375°F/190°C. Line and grease a shallow roasting dish.
- Mix drained tomatoes with the stuffing, then add half the cheese and keep to one side. Keep the tomato juice to add to the gram flour mixture later.
- Fry the onions and peppers until tender, then add to the stuffing mixture.
- In a bowl, add the gram flour, one of the cups of stock and the tomato juice. Whisk this together well and cook on a medium heat. When the mixture begins to thicken, add the remaining stock. Then add the nutritional yeast and herbs.
- Once all the mixture has been combined, lower the heat and stir continuously for 2–3 minutes until the mixture becomes quite thick and glossy. Then add to the stuffing mixture.
- Pour into the prepared pastry case, levelling with a spatula, and top with remaining cheese. Bake in the oven for 30–40 minutes.
- Allow to cool fully before serving. If dish is chilled for at least 2–4 hours before serving it will become denser.