Publications > Nutrition Guidelines
Ideal for care home and hospital caterers, this BDA-endorsed publication answers frequently asked questions concerning older vegetarians and vegans, such as:
- how to stimulate appetite or boost nutrient intake
- good sources of protein for those on texture modified diets
- a daily menu plan
- suggested vegan fortification agents, finger foods, and even vegan options that may be suitable for lower-fibre diets
Updated for 2020 to reflect the latest scientific evidence.
To purchase a hard copy of the guide, please click here.
As we age, how we eat for health may change over time. It is important to focus on maintaining muscle strength, avoiding unplanned weight loss rather than unwanted weight gain, with a stronger focus on quality and choosing nutrient-rich foods. This guide aims to help older vegetarians and vegans to maintain or improve their health and wellbeing.
- Older vegans and vegetarians who would like to know more about nutrition.
- Those catering for older adults, for example in care homes and hospitals.