- 225g/scant 8oz self-raising flour
- Pinch of salt
- 50g/1¾oz vegan margarine or butter
- 50g/1¾oz raisins
- 25g/generous ¾oz caster sugar
- 120ml plant milk
- Preheat the oven to 220°C/425°F/gas mark 7.
- Add the flour to a mixing bowl with the salt.
- Rub the margarine into the flour.
- Add the raisins and sugar and mix together.
- Add the milk and mix to a soft dough. If the mix is too wet add a little flour, or if too dry add a little more plant milk.
- Roll out onto a floured surface to approximately 2 cm thick. Cut into rounds and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake for 10–12 minutes until risen and golden brown.
- Serve with soya or coconut cream and jam.
CHEF’S TIP: Try making savoury scones by leaving out the sugar and raisins. Add dried herbs and grated vegan cheese instead.