Black Bean Burger
Rich in taste and texture, this black bean burger will make a great addition to your summer barbecue. Easy to make, and holds on the grill!
- 150g/ scant 5½ oz. cooked brown rice
- 200g/7oz. tinned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 70g/scant 2½ oz. walnuts, cut into small pieces
- ½ brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 tbsp of flour
- 2 tbsp of BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- ½ tbsp chilli, cumin, smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper
- ½ tbsp flax meal
- 1½ tbsp warm water
- Prepare the flax egg by combining flax meal with warm water and leaving to congeal.
- Chop the onion finely and fry it in 1 tbsp. of olive oil until brown. Then add the garlic and sauté.
- Place the beans in a bowl and mash 90% of them, leaving some beans whole.
- Place all the other ingredients in a bowl and mix until the burger mix is sticking together well.
- Form and press 3, even burger patties and leave them to rest on parchment paper in the fridge for at least 15 mins.
- Meanwhile, prepare the barbecue grill.
- Brush each burger patty with some oil. Grill the burgers on a medium heat until cooked all the way through, and browned. Take care when flipping.
- Serve in a burger bun with BBQ sauce and your favourite toppings.