Time to prepare: 25 mins
Time to cook: 35 mins
Dietary requirements: Dairy-free, Egg-free, Gluten-free, Halal, Kosher, Vegan, Wheat-free
- 1 heaped tsp of cumin seeds
- 1–2 tbsp groundnut or sunflower oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 2–3 garlic cloves, sliced
- 1 tbsp of julienned ginger
- 1–2 large green chillis
- 1½ tsp ground coriander
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp turmeric
- 1 can chopped tomatoes or 4–6 fresh ones, chopped
- 3 mugs of mixed seasonal vegetables, sliced and cooked until al dente (crispy but tender)
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tbsp of chopped fresh coriander
- Optional: 1 tablespoon of plain soya yoghurt to garnish
- Heat a medium-sized pan. Add the cumin seeds and cook them until they pop.
- Add the oil and then the onion, and cook until tender.
- Next add the garlic, ginger and chilli. Cook for about a minute.
- Add the spices and cook for another minute.
- Add the tomatoes and salt, bring to the boil, and cook for a further 10 minutes.
- Add the prepared veg and continue to cook for 10–15 minutes, adding a little water if necessary.
- Throw in the coriander and stir. Garnish with yoghurt and coriander.