Officially, korma is the nation’s favourite curry. You can easily vary this recipe with other seasonal vegetables… or maybe add some chickpeas?
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 fat cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 thumb-sized piece of ginger, grated
- 1 heaped tsp each of ground cardamom, coriander, cumin and turmeric
- 75g ground almonds
- 2 peppers
- 175g green beans
- 400ml tin of coconut milk
- 2 tsp mango chutney
- 100ml water
- ½ vegetable stock cube
- 1 courgette
- 100g frozen spinach
- Salt to taste
- Cut the vegetables into bite-sized pieces and set aside.
- Sauté the onion over a medium heat until it begins to soften.
- Add the garlic, grated ginger, dried spices and ground almonds.
- Stir well for a minute until the spices are fragrant.
- Add the peppers and green beans, together with the coconut cream, mango chutney, water and stock cube.
- Bring to a simmer for 8–10 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the courgette and frozen spinach and simmer for a further 5–7 minutes until the vegetables are cooked through.
- Season to taste with salt.