Friends of VfL
Supported by the Vegan Society
With a little help from my friends…
If you don’t need support at the present time, perhaps you could spare a little time to help someone who does? Friends of Vegetarian for Life are vegetarian or vegan people who work voluntarily to help raise awareness of the charity and its work. Their brief is wide and interesting because they will be in contact with both individuals and care establishments. The very positive impact of supporters who believe strongly in the charity’s objectives cannot be overestimated. You can really help us to make a difference to someone’s life! Here are just a few examples of the ways in which Friends can help the charity:
- Visiting local care homes and encouraging them to become UK List members.
- Alerting VfL head office to local news stories that concern the diet of older people or relate to good and bad examples of how care establishments cater for older vegetarians and vegans.
- Distributing VfL posters and flyers to places where they will be noticed e.g. doctors’ surgeries, farmers markets, health food shops and lunch clubs.
- Speaking to local groups and organisations to find out if they would like to have a VfL staff member come and talk to them about the charity’s work.
- Helping us to man stands at exhibitions, fêtes and fairs.
- If you visit a hotel or eatery and find they are veggie friendly you could always write about your experience on our Blog.
- We are always looking for fresh ideas as to how to promote our work – if you have an idea, no matter how crazy it seems we would love to hear from you.
- Do your local papers have a food or community section for which we could submit an article?
The VfL Friends support pack
If you decide to become a VfL Friend then we want you to feel you are becoming part of our team. We also want to let you know just how much we value your work. So to get you started, you will receive:
- A funky VfL vegan or vegetarian pin badge, wristband or banner pen.
- A set of our printed publications.
- Contact details for the VfL development officer or volunteer
liaison for your region, so that you can quickly get an answer to any query you might have.
We also offer Friends a discount on all VfL merchandise. For more information, please contact us.
How to become one of our Friends
If you are interested in becoming a Friend please get in touch. You can either fill in the application form or please contact us and we’ll send you a paper copy in the post. As you’ll see, the form is easy to complete and asks you some very basic questions, such as your name and contact details. It also asks you about what particular areas of our work interest you. This can help us to get you involved in ways that really appeal to you. After we have received your form you will be phoned by the relevant regional Director. This call will explain all aspects of the charity’s work and answer any questions that you may have. It’s also a personal welcome to the VfL team!Sign up now!