We attended: a ‘third-sector’ event in Dumfries, the Care Roadshow in Bradford and the British Care Show in Salford. Both the care events were well attended and gave Tina the opportunity to spread the word about how VfL supports the care-sector. In Salford, we were pleased to meet local celebrity, Julie Hesmondhalgh, from Coronation Street. Julie’s a vegetarian and was very interested in our work. Welcome to new members of the VfL-UK List: Amanda has started working with another MHA member – in Bowdon (Altrincham) – on a new community garden. This project is in partnership with Didsbury Dinners.
- two recruited at the April events – Care Instead, Bury (Home Care agency that prepares meals) and BUPA care home, the Burrins, West Yorkshire.
- four new MHA members – three care homes and a sheltered scheme all based at Auchlochan retirement village in Lanarkshire. The MHA group plans to host another of our catering courses in September – a benefit we can provide to all our members.
Recent posts in VfL News and Events
- New British Dietetic Association endorsed resources help those catering for veg*ns
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 26 January 2021
- Charity chef takes on epic challenge in the world of virtual running
- V for Life Cookery School brings a festive flavour to VegfestUK this Winter
- Christmas Lunch Club coming soon
- Vegetarian for Life celebrates veggie care heroes in star-studded awards ceremony
- Virtual Lunch Club, Tuesday 24 November
- Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham go veggie
- Next virtual lunch club: 27 October
- Give isolated veg*ns ‘A Write to Smile’ this National Older Veg*ns Day