We attended: a ‘third-sector’ event in Dumfries, the Care Roadshow in Bradford and the British Care Show in Salford. Both the care events were well attended and gave Tina the opportunity to spread the word about how VfL supports the care-sector. In Salford, we were pleased to meet local celebrity, Julie Hesmondhalgh, from Coronation Street. Julie’s a vegetarian and was very interested in our work. Welcome to new members of the VfL-UK List: Amanda has started working with another MHA member – in Bowdon (Altrincham) – on a new community garden. This project is in partnership with Didsbury Dinners.
- two recruited at the April events – Care Instead, Bury (Home Care agency that prepares meals) and BUPA care home, the Burrins, West Yorkshire.
- four new MHA members – three care homes and a sheltered scheme all based at Auchlochan retirement village in Lanarkshire. The MHA group plans to host another of our catering courses in September – a benefit we can provide to all our members.
Recent posts in VfL News and Events
- Meet the UK care homes committed to veggie catering excellence: National Vegetarian Week, 10–16 May 2021
- Two exciting career opportunities at V for Life
- Fun activities & training this National Vegetarian Week
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 27 April
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 23 March 2021
- Five ways to futureproof your veg*n diet from dementia
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 23 February 2021
- Events for 2021
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 26 January 2021
- Charity chef takes on epic challenge in the world of virtual running