Celebrate Pancake Day in style with these vegan pancakes
By Asa Narinder
Easy, minimal, and honestly, you probably have everything that you need to make them in your cupboard right now.
Makes 4 small pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 cup oat milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking power.
- Mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the oil and oat milk to the dried ingredients and mix until no large lumps remain. Do not over-mix; small lumps are fine.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat. Wait until the heat is well distributed before cooking (around 3–5 minutes).
- Place a ladle full of pancake batter in the centre of the pan and cook until open bubbles begin to appear (around 2 minutes).
- Turn the pancake over and cook the other side until the pancake rises a little and is golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat until you have used up all of the batter.
- Serve with a generous garnish of vegan butter and golden syrup.
Best eaten fresh and hot. You can freeze cooked pancakes for up to 1 month. Simply reheat over a hot pan until fully cooked through.