By Asa Narinder
Easy, minimal, and honestly, you probably have everything that you need to make them in your cupboard right now.
Makes 4 small pancakes
- 1 cup flour
- ½ tsp sugar
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp rapeseed oil
- 1 cup oat milk
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour, sugar, salt and baking power.
- Mix with a whisk until well combined.
- Add the oil and oat milk to the dried ingredients and mix until no large lumps remain. Do not over-mix; small lumps are fine.
- Place a non-stick frying pan over low-medium heat. Wait until the heat is well distributed before cooking (around 3–5 minutes).
- Place a ladle full of pancake batter in the centre of the pan and cook until open bubbles begin to appear (around 2 minutes).
- Turn the pancake over and cook the other side until the pancake rises a little and is golden brown on both sides.
- Repeat until you have used up all of the batter.
- Serve with a generous garnish of vegan butter and golden syrup.
Best eaten fresh and hot. You can freeze cooked pancakes for up to 1 month. Simply reheat over a hot pan until fully cooked through.