Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 27 July
Join us via Zoom, for V for Life's next virtual lunch club with a tasty, summer BBQ on 27 July, 1pm. The burger can be cooked in a pan or on the grill if the weather isn't on our side!
Check out the recipes below, buy your ingredients, and cook the dishes on the day, ready for the Zoom chat at 1pm.
You'll need to buy or find the following ingredients in your cupboard:
- 150g/scant 5½oz cooked brown rice
- 200g/7oz tinned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 70g/scant 2½oz walnuts, cut into small pieces
- ½ brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 8 tbsp flour
- 2 tbsp BBQ sauce
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- ½ tbsp chilli, cumin, smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp salt and pepper
- ½ tbsp flax meal
- 1½ tbsp warm water
- 55g/2oz couscous
- 1 spring onion – chopped
- ¼ red pepper – chopped
- ½ small tin of sweetcorn (or chickpeas or beans)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 small tomato, chopped
- 225ml/0.4 pint water
- Chopped parsley, brown sugar, lemon juice and soy sauce
You of course don't need to make all the recipes. If you'll struggle to cook, feel free to join us with a ready-made burger or whatever you're having for your lunch that day.
Talk cookery, recipes and more, and meet likeminded people from across the UK. Open to vegetarians, vegans and meat reducers aged 65 and over.
If you're on Facebook don't forget to join the virtual lunch club group here.
Email email@example.com to find out more, or to book your place and get the Zoom link and password. Or call the V for Life office on 0161 257 0887.
If technology and Zoom in particular are new to you and you need technical advice, visit https://www.abilitynet.org.uk/ or call 0800 048 7642. (Please note that this number is in no way related to V for Life, and AbilityNet will have no knowledge of the lunch club.) You could also email firstname.lastname@example.org for technical help. If you're already tech savvy, all you'll need to do is open the Zoom link in your internet browser and join the meeting. Make sure that your audio and video are switched on. We'll be happy to talk you through all of this on the day or in advance.
Recent posts in Articles and VfL News and Events
- Do you know a veggie care catering hero?
- One-pot cooking tips
- Carers Week 2021
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 22 June
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 25 May
- Two exciting career opportunities at V for Life
- Growing your own – the veganic way
- Fun activities & training this National Vegetarian Week
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 27 April