Home-cooked food, made by neighbours, for neighbours
I took CB her first meal today. It was a vegetable country pie with cheese pastry topping. She said that she liked it, but older people can be very polite so you can never be sure. I planned to take her some soup next week. But in the meantime her doctor, as well as me, has also been on to the Royal Voluntary Service about its home meals service. They have agreed to give her a few hot meals and she already has 2 days out on lunch clubs, so she no longer needs my services. She did not seem to understand the service and asked me if I wanted any money for it! I have been offered another match but decided I am not really willing to cook for a non-veggie because I feel they will always consider my meals second best. I would really rather cook for someone who understands and appreciates vegetarian food.
Recent posts in Articles and Life After Retirement
- Hottest vegan over 50
- Top 10 animal sanctuaries – as voted by older vegans and veggies
- FaceApp shows what we’ll LOOK like in future – but how will we FEEL?
- Free professional chef for your lunch club
- Where are the single, older vegans?
- Some residents like it spicy!
- Imperfection is beauty! The art of creative cooking
- Meet the incredible 81-year-old vegan whose mission is to complete ONE MILLION press-ups
- Taste the love this Valentine’s with our Strawberry Bakewell recipe
- Chinese New Year 2019