Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 23 March 2021
Join us via Zoom, for V for Life's next virtual lunch club on Tuesday 23 March 2021, getting back to basics with breadmaking.
Check out the recipes below, buy your ingredients and cook the dishes on the day, ready for the Zoom chat at 1pm.
Check out these breadmaking demos from VfL Chef Alex for more guidance:
Ingredients to buy or dig out of your cupboard:
- 500g/generous 1lb strong bread flour
- 1 tsp fast action dried yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 300ml warm water
Topping and glaze ingredients
- 100ml soya milk
- 5g sesame seeds
- Salt and pepper
Additional ingredients for the rolled bread
- 3 chopped sundried tomatoes
- ½ tsp chili flakes
- 100g/3.5oz or 2/3 cup plain or wholemeal self–raising flour
- 1/3 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of sea salt
- 80ml or 1/3 cup vegan yoghurt
- 2 tbsp olive oil or coconut oil
For the dough
- 240ml plant milk of choice
- 40g margarine
- 7g pack of dry yeast (1 packet)
- 15g sugar
- 400g plain or bread flour
- Pinch of (Kosher) salt
- 50g vegan butter or margarine
- 60g sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Extra dairy-free milk for brushing
Talk cookery, recipes and more, and meet likeminded people from across the UK.
Open to vegetarians, vegans and meat reducers aged 65 and over. If you don't fancy digging the flour out, you are welcome to join with whatever you're having for your lunch. Or perhaps buy some freshly baked buns or some accidentally vegan Jus-Rol cinnamon pastries.
Email email@example.com to find out more, or to book your place and get the Zoom link and password. Or call the VfL office on 0161 257 0887.
If technology and Zoom in particular are new to you, visit https://www.abilitynet.org.uk/ call 0800 048 7642, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help. If you're already tech savvy, all you'll need to do is open the Zoom link in your internet browser and join the meeting. Make sure that your audio and video are switched on. We'll be happy to talk you through all of this on the day, or in advance.
Recent posts in VfL News and Events
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 27 April
- Meet the UK care homes committed to veggie catering excellence: National Vegetarian Week, 10–16 May 2021
- Five ways to futureproof your veg*n diet from dementia
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 23 February 2021
- Events for 2021
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 26 January 2021
- Charity chef takes on epic challenge in the world of virtual running
- V for Life Cookery School brings a festive flavour to VegfestUK this Winter
- Christmas Lunch Club coming soon
- Vegetarian for Life celebrates veggie care heroes in star-studded awards ceremony