FREE care caterer training
Join Chef Alex on Friday 12 June, 11am for a short online taster of Vegetarian for Life's Meat-Free 101 training for carers: a half-day training course to ensure that you're well equipped to cater well for your veg*n clients.
This FREE, informative 30 minute taster session has been developed with the needs of both domicilary and care home caterers in mind. You will be able to stream the broadcast from either Facebook or YouTube. Don't forget to bring all of your burning questions!
And if this whets your appetite to learn more? You can register your interest in the full course, below.
Full course details:
The full half-day introductory course covers: basic plant-based nutrition; planning well-balanced meals; using meat and dairy replacements; how to cook with tofu; where to buy specialist products; and managing unusual food requests from clients with loss of capacity.
You'll also get cooking and tasting some easy, one-pot dinners.
An interactive online version can be delivered upon request.
- Understand what a veg*n does and doesn’t eat.
- Be able to plan a well-balanced meal for your vegetarian or vegan client.
- Know where to source meat-free ingredients, ready-meals and meal delivery services for your clients.
Fill in the simple contact form at the foot of this page here to register your interest.
Recent posts in Articles and VfL News and Events
- Free laptop for qualifying people in Scotland, during COVID-19 pandemic
- Pot luck lunch club coming soon…
- National Picnic Week, 22–28 June 2020
- Join our next virtual lunch club
- Virtual lunch club launching soon
- Veggie pledge success
- Get a taste of our cookery courses this National Vegetarian Week 2020
- Clap for carers
- Necessity is the mother of invention: Getting creative in the kitchen
- Live vegan cookery demo this Friday, 6pm