FREE care caterer training
Join Chef Alex on Friday 12 June, 11am for a short online taster of Vegetarian for Life's Meat-Free 101 training for carers: a half-day training course to ensure that you're well equipped to cater well for your veg*n clients.
This FREE, informative 30 minute taster session has been developed with the needs of both domicilary and care home caterers in mind. You will be able to stream the broadcast from either Facebook or YouTube. Don't forget to bring all of your burning questions!
And if this whets your appetite to learn more? You can register your interest in the full course, below.
Full course details:
The full half-day introductory course covers: basic plant-based nutrition; planning well-balanced meals; using meat and dairy replacements; how to cook with tofu; where to buy specialist products; and managing unusual food requests from clients with loss of capacity.
You'll also get cooking and tasting some easy, one-pot dinners.
An interactive online version can be delivered upon request.
- Understand what a veg*n does and doesn’t eat.
- Be able to plan a well-balanced meal for your vegetarian or vegan client.
- Know where to source meat-free ingredients, ready-meals and meal delivery services for your clients.
Fill in the simple contact form at the foot of this page here to register your interest.
Recent posts in Articles and VfL News and Events
- New British Dietetic Association endorsed resources help those catering for veg*ns
- Give isolated veg*ns ‘A Write to Smile’ this National Older Veg*ns Day
- Virtual Lunch Club, Tuesday 22 September
- Behind the scenes as a Roving Chef
- Professional Caterer training – delivered online at VegfestUK Summerfest 2020
- Sunrise, Gracewell put Vegetarian for Life pledge on menu
- National Cherry Day: 16 July
- Pot luck lunch club coming soon…
- National Picnic Week, 22–28 June 2020