FREE care caterer training
Join Chef Alex on Friday 12 June, 11am for a short online taster of Vegetarian for Life's Meat-Free 101 training for carers: a half-day training course to ensure that you're well equipped to cater well for your veg*n clients.
This FREE, informative 30 minute taster session has been developed with the needs of both domicilary and care home caterers in mind. You will be able to stream the broadcast from either Facebook or YouTube. Don't forget to bring all of your burning questions!
And if this whets your appetite to learn more? You can register your interest in the full course, below.
Full course details:
The full half-day introductory course covers: basic plant-based nutrition; planning well-balanced meals; using meat and dairy replacements; how to cook with tofu; where to buy specialist products; and managing unusual food requests from clients with loss of capacity.
You'll also get cooking and tasting some easy, one-pot dinners.
An interactive online version can be delivered upon request.
- Understand what a veg*n does and doesn’t eat.
- Be able to plan a well-balanced meal for your vegetarian or vegan client.
- Know where to source meat-free ingredients, ready-meals and meal delivery services for your clients.
Fill in the simple contact form at the foot of this page here to register your interest.
Recent posts in Articles and VfL News and Events
- New British Dietetic Association endorsed resources help those catering for veg*ns
- V for Life Cookery School brings a festive flavour to VegfestUK this Winter
- Christmas Lunch Club coming soon
- Vegetarian for Life celebrates veggie care heroes in star-studded awards ceremony
- Happy Diwali
- Virtual Lunch Club, Tuesday 24 November
- Age UK Hammersmith and Fulham go veggie
- Trick or treat?
- Next virtual lunch club: 27 October
- Give isolated veg*ns ‘A Write to Smile’ this National Older Veg*ns Day