Join our next virtual lunch club
Join Chef Alex on Tuesday 9 June for VfL's next virtual vegan lunch club.
For a taste of Greece, we'll be making some tasty Greek fritters and tzatsiki, followed by a refreshing banana fool for pudding. Cook the dishes on the day and then join Chef Alex at 1pm to dine and for a Zoom chat. We also have a Facebook group where you can share photos of your tasty creations. Find it here.
You will need the following ingredients in advance:
For the Tzatziki (serves 6)
1 small clove garlic, crushed
1/4 tsp dried dill
1 tbsp olive oil
1 tsp white wine vinegar
200g thick dairy-free yoghurt (e.g. Alpro Go On)
Salt and pepper
For the Greek Fritters (serves 6)
1 small carrot
1 small courgette
2 small onions, halved and finely sliced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
125g chickpea (gram) flour
1 tsp each of paprika, dried dill, ground cumin
10g chopped parsley
Zest of 1/2 lemon
1 level tsp salt
100g mushrooms, finely chopped
For the Banana Fool (serves 1)
1 pack silken tofu, any type (about 350g/12oz package)
1 large ripe banana, mashed
4 tbsp maple, agave or date syrup
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
If technology and Zoom in particular are new to you, visit http://www.abilitynet.org.uk\ call 0800 048 7642, or email email@example.com for help. If you're already tech savvy, all you'll need to do is open the Zoom link in your internet browser and join the meeting.
Make sure that your audio and video are switched on. We'll be happy to talk you through all this in advance.
To find out more, or to book your place and get the Zoom link and password, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0161 257 0887.
Recent posts in Articles and VfL News and Events
- New British Dietetic Association endorsed resources help those catering for veg*ns
- Give isolated veg*ns ‘A Write to Smile’ this National Older Veg*ns Day
- Virtual Lunch Club, Tuesday 22 September
- Behind the scenes as a Roving Chef
- Professional Caterer training – delivered online at VegfestUK Summerfest 2020
- Sunrise, Gracewell put Vegetarian for Life pledge on menu
- National Cherry Day: 16 July
- Pot luck lunch club coming soon…
- National Picnic Week, 22–28 June 2020