Next virtual lunch club: 27 October
Join us via Zoom, for V for Life's next virtual lunch club. Get ready for winter with some tasty pies and pastries.
Check out the recipes below, buy your ingredients, and cook the dishes on the day ready for the Zoom chat at 1pm. Talk cookery, recipes and more, and meet likeminded people from across the UK.
Don't forget to join our Facebook group too, where you can keep up-to-date and share pics of your tasty creations.
Here's what you'll need to add to your shopping list or dig out of the cupboard:
Mushroom & Ale Pot Pies
- 200g button mushrooms, wiped and sliced
- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 1 leek, sliced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 tbsp plain white flour
- 250ml vegan stock
- 250ml dark vegan beer
- 1 tsp chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tsp soya sauce
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sheet vegan ready-rolled puff pastry
Chocolate & Orange Pumpkin Pie
- 450g/scant 1lb pumpkin/butternut squash, peeled, deseeded, and chopped into small chunks
- 225g/scant 8oz medium-firm tofu
- Ready-made vegan shortcrust pastry
- 60g/generous 2oz creamed coconut
- 70ml orange, juice and zest
- 100g/3½oz sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- 2 tbsp cocoa
Puff Pastry Tartlets
- 1 x 500g/generous 1lb block vegan puﬀ pastry (e.g. Jus-Rol)
- 220g/7¾oz fruits of the forest, frozen
- 30g/1oz caster sugar Apricot glaze
- 2 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 100ml water
- A little icing sugar
The lunch club is open to vegetarians, vegans and meat reducers aged 65 and over.
Email email@example.com to find out more, or to book your place and get the Zoom link and password. Or call the VfL office on 0161 257 0887.
If technology and Zoom in particular are new to you, visit https://www.abilitynet.org.uk/ call 0800 048 7642, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help. If you're already tech savvy, all you'll need to do is open the Zoom link in your internet browser and join the meeting.
Make sure that your audio and video are switched on. We'll be happy to talk you through all of this on the day or in advance.
Recent posts in Recipes and VfL News and Events
- New British Dietetic Association endorsed resources help those catering for veg*ns
- The appeal of apples
- Keep Calm and Curry On
- Give isolated veg*ns ‘A Write to Smile’ this National Older Veg*ns Day
- Virtual Lunch Club, Tuesday 22 September
- Trendy kombucha
- Behind the scenes as a Roving Chef
- Pick blackberries!
- Professional Caterer training – delivered online at VegfestUK Summerfest 2020