Christmas Lunch Club coming soon
Join Chef Justina on 22 December at 1pm, for V for Life's festive-themed virtual lunch club via Zoom.
Check out the recipes below, buy your ingredients, and cook the dishes on the day ready for the Zoom chat at 1pm. Talk cookery, recipes and more, and meet like-minded people from across the UK.
We'll be making:
You'll need to buy (or find in the cupboards) the following ingredients:
For the Wellington:
- Oil for frying
- 1 large red onion, finely diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 350g mixed mushrooms, finely chopped
- 1 large carrot, peeled and grated
- 1 tbsp freshly chopped rosemary
- 2 tbsp freshly chopped parsley
- 1 tsp dried sage
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 1 tbsp vegetarian Worcestershire sauce
- 100g fresh breadcrumbs
- 200g mixed chopped nuts (brazils, almonds, hazelnuts, pine nuts)
- Salt and pepper to season
- 2 tbsp cranberry sauce
For the Mincemeat Muffins:
- 350g/12oz self-raising flour
- 15ml/1 tbsp baking powder
- 175g/6oz caster sugar
- 135ml/9 tbsp sunflower oil
- 375ml/12fl oz water
- 150g/5oz vegetarian mincemeat
- 15ml/1 tbsp demerara sugar
- Pinch of cinnamon
Both of these dishes can be frozen, so there's no need to worry about food waste if you live alone. If you can't cook on the day, no problems at all, please join us anyway with whatever you're eating for lunch that day.
Join our Facebook group here and watch a cookery demo of the Wellington and muffins being made before the lunch club on the 22nd.
Festive dress encouraged!
Open to vegetarians, vegans and meat reducers aged 65 and over.
Email email@example.com to find out more, or to book your place and get the Zoom link and password. Or call the VfL office on 0161 257 0887.
If technology and Zoom in particular are new to you, visit https://www.abilitynet.org.uk/ call 0800 048 7642, or email firstname.lastname@example.org for help. If you're already tech savvy, all you'll need to do is open the Zoom link in your internet browser and join the meeting.
Make sure that your audio and video are switched on. We'll be happy to talk you through all of this on the day or in advance.
Recent posts in VfL News and Events
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 27 April
- Meet the UK care homes committed to veggie catering excellence: National Vegetarian Week, 10–16 May 2021
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 23 March 2021
- Five ways to futureproof your veg*n diet from dementia
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 23 February 2021
- Events for 2021
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 26 January 2021
- Charity chef takes on epic challenge in the world of virtual running
- V for Life Cookery School brings a festive flavour to VegfestUK this Winter
- Vegetarian for Life celebrates veggie care heroes in star-studded awards ceremony