UK supermarkets – which are open early for older adults?
UK supermarkets have been opening early for older and vulnerable adults and NHS workers so they don't fall prey to the effects of panic buying, which has seen many essentials stripped from shelves.
Below: Download your free copy of Veggie Meals to your Door here.
Stores are expected to keep to these special hours for the foreseeable future until the coronavirus outbreak has been contained.
This allows older and vulnerable customers the peace of mind to pick up their groceries and essential items before other shoppers.
Find out more about these early opening hours here.
Businesses across the wholesale sector have also been rallying round to help keep the nation fed.
Winner of Vegetarian for Life's prestigious 2018 Veggie Wholesaler of the Year Award, Bidfood, is one such supplier, having announced the roll-out of both its home delivery and click & collect service to members of the public.
If you're after an alternative supplier of fresh, frozen and ambient food, then you can register as a new Bidfood customer here.
You can also find out what shopping and home delivery services your local Age UK offers, here.
Recent posts in Articles and Life After Retirement and Questions Answered
- Behind the scenes as a Roving Chef
- Professional Caterer training – delivered online at VegfestUK Summerfest 2020
- Sunrise, Gracewell put Vegetarian for Life pledge on menu
- National Cherry Day: 16 July
- Pot luck lunch club coming soon…
- National Picnic Week, 22–28 June 2020
- FREE care caterer training
- Join our next virtual lunch club
- Veggie pledge success