UK supermarkets – which are open early for older adults?
UK supermarkets have been opening early for older and vulnerable adults and NHS workers so they don't fall prey to the effects of panic buying, which has seen many essentials stripped from shelves.
Below: Download your free copy of Veggie Meals to your Door here.
Stores are expected to keep to these special hours for the foreseeable future until the coronavirus outbreak has been contained.
This allows older and vulnerable customers the peace of mind to pick up their groceries and essential items before other shoppers.
Find out more about these early opening hours here.
Businesses across the wholesale sector have also been rallying round to help keep the nation fed.
Winner of Vegetarian for Life's prestigious 2018 Veggie Wholesaler of the Year Award, Bidfood, is one such supplier, having announced the roll-out of both its home delivery and click & collect service to members of the public.
If you're after an alternative supplier of fresh, frozen and ambient food, then you can register as a new Bidfood customer here.
You can also find out what shopping and home delivery services your local Age UK offers, here.
Recent posts in Articles and Life After Retirement and Questions Answered
- Self-isolation survival guide
- Beat the lockdown blues: now you can bring Stonehenge and the pub quiz to your door…
- Food delivery companies for veg*ns
- The good grocery shopping guide
- Enjoy a special Valentine’s Day with those you love
- Remembering loved ones through food
- Vegan luncheon club launching soon
- Delicious desserts in dementia cafe
- Charity releases ‘veggie meals to your door’ guide this Meals on Wheels Week
- Vegetarians: more or less likely to get cardiovascular disease?