Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 27 April
Join us via Zoom, for V for Life's next virtual lunch club. Get your best China out and join us for afternoon tea with finger sandwiches, tea and scones on Tuesday 27 April.
Check out the recipes below, buy your ingredients, and cook the dishes on the day ready for the Zoom chat at 1pm.
Your shopping list:
Your choice of bread and sandwich fillings.
For the Scones:
225g/scant 8oz self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
50g/1¾oz vegan margarine or butter
25g/generous ¾oz caster sugar
120ml plant milk
For the Cashew Nut Cream:
50g cashew nuts
75g silken tofu, drained
2 tbsp soya milk
1 tbsp caster sugar
1 tsp vegetable oil
½ tsp vanilla extract
And don't forget the strawberry jam for your scones!
Talk cookery, recipes and more, and meet likeminded people from across the UK.
Open to vegetarians, vegans and meat reducers aged 65 and over.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to find out more, or to book your place and get the Zoom link and password. Or call the VfL office on 0161 257 0887.
If you're on Facebook, check out the virtual vegan lunch club group here.
If technology and Zoom in particular are new to you, visit https://www.abilitynet.org.uk/ call 0800 048 7642, or email email@example.com for help. If you're already tech savvy, all you'll need to do is open the Zoom link in your internet browser and join the meeting.
Make sure that your audio and video are switched on. We'll be happy to talk you through all of this on the day or in advance.
Recent posts in Recipes and VfL News and Events
- Meet the UK care homes committed to veggie catering excellence: National Vegetarian Week, 10–16 May 2021
- Lunch is served
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 23 March 2021
- Five ways to futureproof your veg*n diet from dementia
- Celebrate Pancake Day in style with these vegan pancakes
- Pancake Day, Eastern European Style
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 23 February 2021
- Events for 2021
- Veganuary – never too late to start!
- Virtual Lunch Club – Tuesday 26 January 2021