Launch of ‘Dinners to your Door’ guide in Manchester and London
Are you a retired older vegan or vegetarian living in Manchester or London? Or perhaps you are involved in providing or commissioning services for the same – such as a local politician, care catering manager, housing association or social worker?
Then register for a free place at one of charity V for Life's delicious pop-up vegan lunch clubs.
The events will be a celebration of Meals on Wheels Week and World Vegan Month, 2017. They will also mark the launch of V for Life's new meal delivery guide, Dinners to your Door.
- The Manchester pop-up will take place at Birch Community Centre, Brighton Grove, Rusholme, Manchester M14 5JT on Monday 6 November, from 1–3pm.
- The London pop-up will be at the Hornbeam Centre and Cafe, 458 Hoe Street, Walthamstow, London E17 9AH on Tuesday 7 November, from 1–3pm.
There'll be free food, friendly company, a wealth of free resources, and tips on providing an inclusive and cost-effective catering service. Pre-booking is strongly advised.
Why the events?
The events fall at the start of Meals on Wheels Week, which this year runs from 6–10 November 2017. Meals on Wheels Week is a National Association of Care Catering (NACC)-led initiative. Its aim is to promote the importance of the service in reducing malnutrition in our communities. The events neatly coincide with World Vegan Month, too!
Who is the Dinners to your Door guide for?
An estimated 300,000 older adults living in the UK are vegetarian or vegan. While most of these are in glowing health and still cook for themselves, others may be more vulnerable. Vegetarian for Life’s 2014 survey suggests that over 22% of UK care homes have vegetarian or vegan residents. Others rely on community meals services, such as ‘meals on wheels’, as a lifeline to living independently.
V for Life's newly-released Dinners to your Door guide shows it’s possible to enjoy the convenience of having ready meals delivered directly to your home without having to compromise your vegetarian or vegan principles.
Please show your support by booking a place at one of these lunch clubs. And why not pick up free copies of the guide to distribute locally to ensure that it reaches those most in need?
For more information and to reserve your free place, please contact Marguerite on 0161 257 0887 or 07380 588 822 or by email: email@example.com
Recent posts in VfL News and Events
- Celebrate the Royal Wedding before it’s scone
- Behind the scenes at Heathlands Village Care Home
- Events in 2018
- An MP for vegan tea
- VfL’s Vegan Fund – helping to improve three more lives
- 12 Days of Christmas Collection
- Running 26.2 miles (and getting muddy) for VfL
- Care home cookery at Morgana Court
- National Older Vegetarians’ Day is coming
- A taste of The Good Life at Salford’s Dementia Hub